Mushroom CultureTechnologically cultivation of mushroom on solid medium like paddy straw, wood, paddy chops etc. called Mushroom culture.
Different species of Mushroom cultured with different technology. But one of the Oyster Mushroom cultured as follows:
- Cutting of paddy straw
- Soaking in water for 3-4 days
- Draining of water overnight
- Steaming of straw for surface sterilization
- Spawing on straw containing into polythene bags
- Incubate up to 3 weeks at 25 degree centigrate
- Mushroom primordial after 3-4 days of removal of polythene bags
- Mushroom, ready for harvest and market
The main purpose of mushroom culture is to provide food supplement to consumers.